Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A little bit of this, A little bit of that

Dear family,


Well let me first respond to mothers letter.

First, if I don't get any other letters this transfer that's fine.  AS LONG AS YOU SEND JACKSON'S EMAILS!  I want to know how my little bro is doing!


And that's fine that you signed me up for only spring.  I'm not staying summer.  I'll prolly come home and work.  I think Dad said that they needed me in August.  Someone is having a baby or something like that.  But we'll see.



Also for classes...well I wrote them down on a lined piece of paper and I think it's in my desk.  It's in the big drawer, and I think it's one of the folders in there.  It might be in the folder marked school.  Yeah, you might have to go on a treasure hunt.  And if you can't find it, just sign me up for classes!  Just so I don't get in trouble.  Although I would like to take the intro to seminary teaching.  That's in the 400s I think in religion, or 300s, I can't remember.  A cake decorating class would be fun too!  If you can get me into dance 290 (I think that's intermediate ballet) that would be good.  I'll figure it all out in a couple months.  So don't stress about it, and I'll try not to stress about it.  Just sign me up at least.


Way to go Harrison on not being broken!  And in swimming!  Sweet!


Tell Emilee and Danica I say hi!  Danica gets home today or tomorrow.  I miss that girl.


Oh you know what?  I didn't even read your email!  Yes, mom I did get your letter, obviously!  
Woot woot Harrison for holding to your standards!  Well not yours but the Lords!  Love you boy!  I'm so proud of you!  I worry about you boys sometimes.  I just see so much evil around me everyday, and it's so comforting to hear that my baby brothers are staying true to the truth that they were taught by our awesome parents!  Keep pushing forward with that steadfastness in Christ that you have!


Yeah, so I just skimmed the email..  of course dad, you are a hero!


Well I don't have a lot of time.


I try not think about the end, excpet everyone and thier dog keeps reminding me about it!  What the heck!  I just try to be the best missionary I can be.  





We took a break and played on the swings one warm day.  It was great! Yeah, we have fun togther.  Although this week to get us out of the car we made a goal.  10 hrs of tracting=going to clairs to buy some cute hair things!  Yay!
  
Also Last night Sister Fossett dressed me up in all her clothes.  She likes playing dressup.  And she's making me grow out my nails, which is really annoying.  But it makes her happy, so I'm letting her.  I've kinda given up on having things exactly my way.  Compromise.  Right?  But yesterday we went over 2.5 hrs of tracting!  We'd be lucky to get that in three days!  This whole clairs things has really got us going.

Being with so many different compantions has really helped me realize what I want in a husband.  I want somenone like sister Howell.  We just got a long and had a great fun time, and also we had the same goal and work ethic.  I really loved those six weeks we had togther.  When we would get a runny nose we would suck it up and just go, just like Mommy Chen taught us how to do it.  We moved forward together and when one of us would be having a bad day we would stop and help each other out.  One night Sister Howell was really put out by something that had happened, so I got out the cookie dough that hadn't made very good cookies and we ate the rest of it.  It was good!


But the R**'s and the G**'s came to church again!  The G**'s stayed for 2 hrs this time, and the kids loved primary!  The R** girls like YW, and hopefully will be coming to new beginnings next week.  We'll go too if they go. 
 
Zone meeting is tomrrow and I have my last interview with president before my final one.  Should be fun!
how are my bunnies doing by the way?  


Okay, I can't think of anything else to say.  Besides two-three weeks before I get home that little boy needs to be out of my room!  I hang around enough boys as it is!  When you walk into a chruch roomm full of elders...yeah, it reminds me of home!  I don't need my pretty room smelling like boy.  Love you Benson, but not the way you smell.  Sorry!


Oh, the reason we're emailing today is cuz our pday got switched to today for this week.  Yesterday was memorail day and so all the computer places would be closed.  And tell those elders to read chpt 5 in pmg if they want to answer the deep doctrine questions for the LA.  Especially the part about using the BOM to answer objections.  


Well I best be going! 
I love you all, and thank you for all that you do for me!
We're going up to Byron today to play with our elders!  
I'll take pictures.
Love,
Sister Ostler



So in reading 2 Nephi 9 this morning I came across verse 42, as you would while reading chapter 9.  It really impressed me and reminded me how much Heavenly Father wants us to rely on Him. 
"And whose knocketh, to him will he open; and the wise, and the learned, and they that are rich, who are puffed up because of their learning, and their wisdom, and their riches--yeah, they are they whom he despiseth; and save they shall cast these things away, and consider themselves fools before God, and come down in the depths of humility, he will not open unto them."

It takes humitily to call upon God, especialy when we're some of those stubborn people who don't like to ask for help.  We have an investigator like that.  She won't tell us whats wrong, and she really won't accept our help.  Therefore we can't help her.  She's proud even though she's about to break.
That's the same with Heavenly Father.  He won't help us unless we ask.
Love,
Sister Ostler


No comments:

Post a Comment